Healthy Vegetables - Bahasa Inggris Kelas 6
Learn English through vegetables. Learn new vocabulary and talk about the vegetables you like and don't like.
Unit A – My Fresh Vegetables
Let's learn the names and characteristics of vegetables.
A. Vocabulary
Learn the names of vegetables in their basic singular form.
| No. | English | Indonesian |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | carrot | wortel |
| 2 | potato | kentang |
| 3 | spinach | bayam |
| 4 | eggplant | terong |
| 5 | snake bean | kacang panjang |
| 6 | bitter melon | pare |
| 7 | cauliflower | kembang kol |
| 8 | broccoli | brokoli |
| 9 | water spinach | kangkung |
| 10 | pea | kacang polong |
B. Supporting Vocabulary
| English | Indonesian |
|---|---|
| fresh | segar |
| long | panjang |
| short | pendek |
| green | hijau |
| orange | oranye |
| brown | cokelat |
| white | putih |
| purple | ungu |
| round | bulat |
| thin | tipis |
| leafy | berdaun |
| crunchy | renyah |
| bitter | pahit |
| curly | keriting |
| branch | cabang |
| leaf | daun |
| stem | batang |
| hollow | berongga |
| pod | polong |
| seed | biji |
| inside | di dalam |
C. Describing Vegetables
Let's learn how to describe vegetables using their color, shape, size, and texture.
1. Carrot
Carrots are long and orange. They are crunchy.2. Potato
Potatoes are brown and round.3. Spinach
Spinach is green and leafy.4. Eggplant
Eggplants are long. They are purple or green.5. Snake Bean
Snake beans are green, thin, and long.6. Bitter Melon
Bitter melons are long and green. They are bitter.7. Cauliflower
Cauliflower is white and curly. It has branches.8. Broccoli
Broccoli is green and curly. It has branches.9. Water Spinach
Water spinach has long green leaves with hollow stems.10. Pea
Peas have green pods. Inside the pods, there are seeds.D. Conversation
Mengeluarkan Belanjaan
Unit B – My Favorite Vegetable
Let's talk about the vegetables we like and don't like.
A. Vocabulary
| No. | English | Indonesian |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | lettuce | selada |
| 2 | cabbage | kubis |
| 3 | cucumber | mentimun |
| 4 | bell pepper | paprika |
| 5 | turnip | lobak |
| 6 | bean sprout | tauge |
| 7 | corn | jagung |
| 8 | chili | cabai |
| 9 | pumpkin | labu |
| 10 | celery | seledri |
B. Supporting Vocabulary
| English | Indonesian |
|---|---|
| favorite | favorit |
| like | suka |
| don't like | tidak suka |
| too | juga |
| either | juga tidak |
| spicy | pedas |
| watery | berair |
| tiny | kecil |
| big | besar |
| bigger | lebih besar |
| pale green | hijau muda |
| wavy | bergelombang |
| outside | bagian luar |
| inside | bagian dalam |
| soup | sup |
| aroma | aroma |
| surface | permukaan |
| fresh | segar |
| looks like | terlihat seperti / mirip |
C. Expressions
Likes and Dislikes
Pada bagian ini, kita akan belajar cara membuat kalimat untuk menyatakan sayuran yang kita suka dan tidak suka. Kita juga akan belajar cara menanyakan sayuran yang disukai seseorang.
1. Positive Sentences
Kalimat Positif
Gunakan like untuk menyatakan bahwa kita menyukai sesuatu.
I, You, We, They
I like lettuce.
I like pumpkin.
You like corn.
We like broccoli.
They like spinach.
He, She
Untuk he dan she, gunakan likes.
He likes corn.
She likes lettuce.
He likes pumpkin.
She likes spinach.
I like lettuce.
She likes lettuce.
Untuk he/she, gunakan likes.
2. Negative Sentences
Kalimat Negatif
Gunakan don't like atau doesn't like untuk menyatakan bahwa kita tidak menyukai sesuatu.
I, You, We, They
I don't like cabbage.
I don't like eggplant.
You don't like spinach.
We don't like broccoli.
They don't like pumpkin.
He, She
He doesn't like corn.
She doesn't like corn.
He doesn't like eggplant.
She doesn't like cabbage.
Setelah doesn't, gunakan like, bukan likes.
❌ He doesn't likes corn.
✓ He doesn't like corn.
3. Asking About Likes
Menanyakan Kesukaan
Ada dua jenis pertanyaan utama yang akan kita gunakan.
A. Asking What Vegetable Someone Likes
Kita menggunakan pertanyaan ini untuk menanyakan sayuran apa yang disukai seseorang.
Artinya: Sayuran apa yang kamu suka?
A: What vegetable do you like?
B: I like lettuce.
Untuk he/she, gunakan does.
A: What vegetable does she like?
B: She likes corn.
4. Asking If Someone Likes a Vegetable
Menanyakan Apakah Seseorang Menyukai Sayuran
Kita menggunakan pertanyaan ini ketika ingin mengetahui apakah seseorang menyukai sayuran tertentu.
Examples
Do you like carrots?
Do you like broccoli?
Do you like pumpkin?
Do you like bean sprouts?
A: Do you like carrots?
B: Yes, I do.
Untuk he/she, gunakan does.
Does he like corn?
Does she like lettuce?
Does he like pumpkin?
Does she like broccoli?
5. Short Answers
Jawaban Singkat
Ketika seseorang bertanya menggunakan Do you...?, kita dapat menjawab:
A: Do you like bean sprouts?
B: Yes, I do.
A: Do you like carrots?
B: No, I don't.
6. Using "Too"
Menyatakan Kesukaan yang Sama
Kata too digunakan untuk menyatakan bahwa kita juga menyukai sesuatu.
Too digunakan setelah kalimat positif.
A: I like lettuce.
B: I like pumpkin, too.
A: I like corn.
B: I like corn, too.
TOO → positive sentence
7. Using "Either"
Menyatakan Ketidaksukaan yang Sama
Kata either digunakan untuk menyatakan bahwa kita juga tidak menyukai sesuatu.
Either digunakan setelah kalimat negatif.
A: I don't like cabbage.
B: I don't like eggplant, either.
A: I don't like corn.
B: I don't like pumpkin, either.
EITHER → negative sentence
8. Too or Either?
Perhatikan perbedaannya.
| Positive | Negative |
|---|---|
| too | either |
| I like lettuce, too. | I don't like cabbage, either. |
| Saya juga suka selada. | Saya juga tidak suka kubis. |
Easy Rule
TOO = juga → kalimat positif
EITHER = juga tidak → kalimat negatif
9. Let's Practice
I like lettuce.
She likes corn.
I don't like cabbage.
He doesn't like corn.
A: What vegetable do you like?
B: I like lettuce.
A: Do you like carrots?
B: Yes, I do.
A: I like lettuce.
B: I like pumpkin, too.
A: I don't like cabbage.
B: I don't like eggplant, either.
10. Grammar Summary
| Function | Pattern | Example |
|---|---|---|
| Positive | I/You/We/They + like | I like lettuce. |
| Positive | He/She + likes | She likes corn. |
| Negative | I/You/We/They + don't like | I don't like cabbage. |
| Negative | He/She + doesn't like | He doesn't like corn. |
| Ask what | What vegetable do you like? | I like lettuce. |
| Ask what – he/she | What vegetable does she like? | She likes corn. |
| Yes/No question | Do you like...? | Yes, I do. |
| Yes/No question – he/she | Does she like...? | Yes, she does. |
| Positive agreement | ..., too. | I like pumpkin, too. |
| Negative agreement | ..., either. | I don't like eggplant, either. |
D. Conversation
E. Story Vocabulary
Vocabulary for Reading
| English | Indonesian |
|---|---|
| once upon a time | pada suatu hari |
| peaceful | damai |
| village | desa |
| live | tinggal |
| friend | teman |
| garden | kebun |
| decide | memutuskan |
| plant | menanam |
| seed | biji |
| vegetable seed | biji sayuran |
| bean sprout | tauge |
| pecel | pecel |
| help | membantu |
| take care of | merawat |
| delicious | lezat |
| wash | mencuci |
| hand | tangan |
| before | sebelum |
| eat | makan |
| together | bersama-sama |
| by myself | sendirian |
| one week later | satu minggu kemudian |
| then | kemudian |
| say | berkata |
| suppose | kira |
| please | tolong |
| let us | biarkan kami |
| not I | bukan saya |
Characters
Ayam Merah Kecil
Kambing
Bebek
F. Reading
Little Red Hen
Once upon a time, in a peaceful village, there lived Little Red Hen and her friends, Goat and Duck.
On a bright sunny day, Little Red Hen went to the garden to plant some vegetable seeds.
Little Red Hen said to herself, “I have some bean sprout seeds here. I like bean sprouts. Oh, I have some snake bean and spinach seeds, too. I like snake beans and spinach, too. Goat, Duck, and I can plant the seeds and make pecel from the bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach. Goat and Duck will like the pecel.”
Then Little Red Hen said to Goat and Duck, “I have some bean sprouts, snake bean, and spinach seeds. Who will help me plant the seeds?”
“Not I,” said Goat.
“I don't like bean sprouts, snake beans, or spinach.”
“Not I,” said Duck.
“I don't like bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach, either.”
Little Red Hen said, “Then I will plant the seeds.”
And so, she did.
One week later, Little Red Hen asked, “Who will help take care of the bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach plants?”
“Not I,” said Goat.
“I don't like bean sprouts, snake beans, or spinach.”
“Not I,” said Duck.
“I don't like bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach, either.”
Little Red Hen said, “Then I will take care of the bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach plants.”
And so, she did.
Then one day Little Red Hen asked, “Who will help make pecel from the bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach plants?”
“Not I,” said Goat.
“I don't like bean sprouts, snake beans, or spinach.”
“Not I,” said Duck.
“I don't like bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach, either.”
Little Red Hen said, “Then I will make pecel from the bean sprouts, snake beans, and spinach plants.”
And so, she did.
Little Red Hen asked, “Who will help eat this delicious pecel?”
Goat said, “I will eat the pecel. I like pecel.”
Duck said, “I will eat the pecel. I like pecel, too.”
Then Little Red Hen said, “No, you will not. You said you don't like those vegetables. You did not cook the pecel, either. I did it. I will eat this delicious pecel by myself.”
Goat and Duck said, “No, no, no! Please, let us eat the pecel, too!”
Little Red Hen said, “Well, I have so much pecel. I suppose we can eat it together. But let's wash our hands first before eating the pecel.”
And so, they did.
What Did We Learn?
Healthy Vegetables

Posting Komentar untuk "Healthy Vegetables - Bahasa Inggris Kelas 6"